Saturday, September 04, 2010


This is a recipe that I learned to make while in Italy. It is a family favorite and so delicious!!!

Pasta con Broccoli

serve 4

Ingredients: 1 large cup of broccoli per person

4 anchovy fillets or anchovy paste

2 cloves of garlic

hot chily peppers or red pepper flakes

1 cup of parmesan cheese

salt and extra virgin olive oil

short pasta like penne, ziti, fusilli...

Paste with the blade of the knife the anchovies (in case you don't like anchovies, don't use them...) and melt them in 5Tbs extra virgin olive oil into a frying pan (low heat). Add the pressed garlic and the chily, then when garlic is light pink, the olives.

In the boiling water for the pasta add salt and cook the broccoli florets for 3-4 min. Remove broccoli with a ladle, and put into the frying pan with a ladle of water from the pasta. cook pasta in the water and finish to cream the broccoli. Drain the pasta, put in the frying pan, add parmesan and sautè. Buon appetito

Finish to cream the broccoli mean that the broccoli need to cook and "melt": we want a creamy sauce, so cook them down until soft, adding a little water when needed (this pasta, as you remember is not dry, but a little soupy)


2 comments:

Mimi said...

That looks great, I wish I could eat broccoli!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Covnitkepr1 said...

My first love is Jesus…then my wife of 45 years…then cooking. I really enjoyed looking over your blog. I am now a follower of yours. Feel free to look over my blog and become a follower of my blog also.